ISRAEL’S BEST KNOWN BRANDS AND OUTREACH ORGANIZATIONS JOIN IN AS SPONSORS OF BUY ISRAEL WEEK
First Integrated, Multi-Faceted National Initiative to Promote Israeli Products in the United States To Take Place November 28 to December 4, 2011
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, November 7, 2011 – Buy Israel Week organizers announced today the companies and organizations that will be sponsoring this year’s first ever Buy Israel Week campaign. They make up a cross-section of Israeli manufacturers in a variety of industries and outreach organizations. In addition to the sponsors, it is expected that over 100 local merchants across the country will be offering special deals for “Made in Israel” goods in their stores.
Among the sponsors are:
- Ahava: Founded in 1988, Israel-based AHAVA Dead Sea Laboratories is driven by a deep passion to unearth the secrets of the revitalizing effects of minerals on the skin. The only cosmetics company indigenous to the Dead Sea region, the company employs a truly singular scientific approach in its environmentally-conscious research activities. Over the years, this has culminated in the development of a series of premier skincare product lines, renowned internationally for their superior efficacy.
- American Friends of Ben Gurion University: American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (AABGU) plays a vital role in sustaining David Ben-Gurion’s vision, creating a world-class institution of education and research in the Israeli desert, nurturing the Negev community and sharing the University’s expertise locally and around the globe.
- American Friends of Magen David Adom: American Friends of Magen David Adom is celebrating its 71st year of supporting the vital work in Israel. Today, MDA and its team of trained volunteer and professional medical responders depend on AFMDA support to provide the entire nation’s pre-hospital emergency needs, including medical, disaster, ambulance and blood services.
- American Friends of Meir Panim: American Friends of Meir Panim seeks to diminish the harmful effects of poverty on thousands of families across Israel by supporting a range of food and social service programs aimed at helping the needy with respect, including free restaurants, meals-on-wheels, school lunch programs, prepaid food card distribution, vocational training and after-school youth clubs. The programs funded by AFMP help to alleviate the pain of poverty in the short-term, and provide long-term, proactive solutions that help needy Israelis break out the cycle of poverty and become active, self-sufficient members of society.
- Artistic Tile: Artistic Tile is one of the most respected wholesale distributors of luxury tile and stone in the country, and offers unique products to architects, designers and homeowners, available for immediate delivery. The company is a family-run business headquartered in Secaucus, NJ. Artistic Tile brand products, including Waterfall Bathroom Furniture and Jerusalem stone, are distributed through Artistic Tile showrooms as well as through a network of more than 150 dealers across the United States.
- EL AL: EL AL was established in 1948 as the National Airlines of Israel, we have grown into a prestigious international carrier. By attending to every aspect of service, and assuring that our passengers’ needs are met on time, every time, EL AL is ranked by IATA as one of the world’s three most efficient air carriers.
- Israel Bonds: Development Corporation for Israel/State of Israel Bonds is a corporation that builds Israel’s economy and facilitates widespread support by selling financial products with an unblemished record of dependability.
- Tnuva: For more than 80 years, Tnuva has provided consumers in the Holy Land with a variety of premium dairy and cheese products, using state-of-the-art dairy production facilities located amidst the pastoral Galilean hills and valleys – the “Wisconsin of Israel”. And now Tnuva is rapidly gaining acclaim across the American heartland too. Providing American consumers with a real taste of the “Land of Milk and Honey”, Tnuva offers a broad range of deliciously healthy products, made with 100% fresh cow, sheep and goat’s milk.
Additional sponsors will be announced shortly. As Buy Israel Week sponsors, these companies and organizations are benefiting from a marketing package that includes exposure to up to 1 million people in targeted markets across the country, as well as comprehensive social media outreach through Facebook and Twitter, blog features, YouTube videos and “Seriously Surprising Israel Deals” featuring Israeli products and giveaways.
From November 28 to December 4, the buyisraelweek.com website will convert into an online marketplace where consumers will be able to download an array of coupons and discount codes from Israeli manufacturers and local merchants selling Israeli goods will be featuring discount vouchers. The vouchers will be processed via the jdeal.com web site, the largest Jewish daily deal site in the United States, and one of the organizing partners of Buy Israel Week. The Jewish newspapers in New York; New Jersey; Washington, DC; South Florida; Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; Chicago; Los Angeles and San Francisco will be issuing a special print supplement beginning November 17, and various events taking place around the same time across the country will also highlight Buy Israel Week and its sponsors.
“The wide outreach, broad scope and impressive industry involvement make the Buy Israel effort a uniquely valuable initiative,” said Malcolm Hoenlein, Executive Vice Chairman & CEO of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, the representative body for more than 50 national Jewish organizations. “The Conference of Presidents is pleased to assist in this ambitious effort to identify and promote a wide range of consumer products created and produced in Israel, and to make them readily available to consumers here. Enhancing brand recognition and marketing of Israeli products, as well as helping companies to be more competitive, will ultimately strengthen Israel’s economy.”
About Buy Israel Week
Buy Israel Week is being held November 28-December 4 as an integrated marketing campaign that is being held online, in print and various in-person events that are taking place around the U.S. in this timeframe. Buy Israel Week is organized by jdeal.com, the largest and most comprehensive daily deal site targeting the Jewish market, and nine media organizations -– The Jewish Week Media Group of NY, Washington Jewish Week, Florida Jewish Journal, Tribe Media Corporation, the Jewish Standard of New Jersey, the Chicago Jewish News, Texas Jewish Post, J. the Jewish News Weekly of Northern California and Jewish News of Greater Phoenix – representing the largest Jewish markets in the United States, as well as the Israel-America Chamber of Commerce, Manufacturers’ Association of Israel, Israel Export and Cooperation Institute, Conference of Presidents, Jewish Agency for Israel and Stand With Us. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook, at www.facebook.com/buyisraelweek.